Effective as of March 2nd, 2020
- What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
- Why do we collect your information and how do we use it?
- How do we share your information with third-parties?
- User rights
- Collection of children’s information
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Do not track
- Contact information
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We may collect the following information when you fill out a form on our website or use our dealer locator tool to find products:
- Company Name
- Address (Street, City, State, Zip Code, Country)
- Current location, if you choose to use this feature
- IP Address
When you visit our site, we may also collect the following types of information:
- IP Address
- Date, time and length of visit
- Server Requests
- Operating System
Why do we collect your information and how do we use it?
We collect information as part of the process of providing goods and services. We also collect information to help us improve our products and services, and to help us monitor, detect, investigate and protect our systems from harm. Here are the ways our marketing, sales, and web-development teams may use your information.
- Contact you via phone or email, if you fill out our contact form.
- Show product dealers near a location that you give us.
- Contact you via phone or email about additional products and services, if you give us permission to do so.
- Display testimonials and photos, if you give us permission, to help other people learn about our products. Your submission may show up on our websites, other customer's websites, be included in print promotional material, and/or used in promotional or educational presentations.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends on our website, like which pages are most visited, where our visitors are coming from, what search terms brought them to our site, or if our advertising campaigns are effective.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of our website.
How do we share your information with third-parties?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties. We may share your information with the following:
- Third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, like dealer locators, translation services, data and performance analysis, email delivery, hosting services, security, and marketing assistance.
- A third party to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
- Government authorities as required by applicable law.
- Our distributor and dealer networks, affiliates, and industry experts in order to answer your questions. To expedite your requests, they may contact you directly. As an adaptive industry, we share your information with them as an example of product performance and regional adaptation, in order to improve product usage, application, and performance knowledge.
We use Google Analytics to analyze and track usage of our website, general location of visitors, and effectiveness of advertising. If you do not wish to participate, you may use Google’s opt-out tool.
We use remarketing with Google Analytics and AdWords to provide targeted advertisements of our products and services. When you visit our website, cookies may be placed on your browser based on your use of our website. These cookies allow Google to provide you with targeted advertisements for our products and services on other websites you may visit. If you do not want to receive targeted advertisements, there are many ways to opt-out, including using the DAA’s opt-out tool or Google’s Ad Settings.
Your information belongs to you and we respect your rights to your privacy. If you have objections, questions or concerns about how we are handling your information, please contact us. We will work with to resolve the situation, provided we are legally able to.
Collection of children’s information
Our products and services are not directed toward children. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to see or to delete personal information we may have collected. If you would like to make such a request, please submit your request using the contact information provided below.
Do not track
Our website does not currently support “Do Not Track” requests.
- Smith Seed Services
- (888) 550-2930